I'm P.K.'s guest blogger on the Back to Shanghai blog. . . You might have read some of my blog posts there . I have my personal blog here now . I enjoy blogging , because it is a chance to write down my thoughts . I'm 8 years old , and at the moment , in Puerto Rico for a gymnastics meet . Yes , I am a gymnast . I will tell you what I love about Beautiful Puerto Rico .
First off , I favor the beach . Wanna here what I like about it and some experiences I had ? Well , what are you waiting for ? Read on !
Sometimes I just feel like sitting on the deck of our hotel and looking at the beach . We don't have a great view , so most of what we can see are buildings . Luckily , we have a little bit of beach from the deck . It's relaxing to sit on the deck with a cool breeze brushing my face gently , warm nice weather , and the wonderful beach to enjoy .
Now that was only the looks of the beach . Let's move on to the physical part . Which do you prefer me to start with ? Land or water ? I choose . . . hmm . How about the water ? Okay . Here we go !
Belly surfing ! That always stands out to me whenever I think about water on the beach . In case you don't know , I'll try to teach you in words how to belly surf my version .
RIPPLE : Turn around and let yourself bob .
SMALL WAVE : Wait until the wave is about half a foot in front of you . Jump up and twirl 180 degrees .
MEDIUM WAVE : Do the same as you would do for a small wave .
BIG WAVE : Squat down and wait for the wave . When it hits you , push off horizontally .
Do not get scared . The first time I belly surfed , I went under water and came up safely at least 5 times . Water might get up your nose and trust me , it won't feel good . But 'ya have to tough it out . Some waves can get up to 10 feet tall .
Enough of belly surfing . What was I going to do now ? . . . Oh . Right ! I was going to tell you about the other part . Land - sand castles ! My friends , my brother , and I love love LOVE to build sand castles . My brother usually helps me , and my dad wrote a blog about called The Boy and His Sand Castle . This is what we would do . First part is the hardest . Castle defenses .
Fort : We would rush to build the fort . the point was to keep as much of the water as we can out . Over and over and over water would crash over the top and drag the fort apart . We would not give up . Over and over and over we would try . ' Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee ! ' We would cry out with joy when we got it to stay . It had to be pretty thick , tall and wide .
Moat : Every castle need a moat . Correct ? Defiantly yes in my opinion .
- First , dig a trench on the side of the moat where the water is closest . this will keep it away from you a bit when you are working on the actual moat .
- Second , dig a deep hole on one side . It does not have to be all the way across the fort . I scoop up the grainy sand and pack it tightly onto the fort .
- Third , continue the second step along the fort .
- Fourth , make sure the moat tips sideways so it can drain out .
- Fifth , to make sure it drains , you have to smooth the moat out to move down the beach . Now it can drain out !
- Finally . . . the fun part ! Castle building !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo-hoo ! Be creative and shape the castle differently . Add fun decorations and find some seashells or sea glass to put on top .
Well , that was all I can tell you about the beach . Have fun and try out these ideas . Change them too ! Tell me if you have any improvements . There is always room for improvement no matter what . For me & for you . I hope you enjoyed this blog . Tell me if you like these blogs and suggest some topics . Keep tuned .
Good Bye My Friends ! ! !